PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2001, 02:46
Asda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pilots reporting speed control

I've just been a bit surprised. In the space of one hour I've witnessed two instances where pilots operating under a speed restriction and having been told to report speed to London on xxx.xx failed to do so. Maybe I'm naive, one attitude might be 'well these things happen' but the problem was in both cases that the speed control applied was being used to provide separation against other a/c. In one case the receiving controller mistakenly perceived a failure to ensure separation and issued avoiding action. My problem is not actually only with these two instances but with all the other times that I've told a/c to report their speeds and they haven't done it. (Sort of explains some of the strained relations between AC and TC that sometimes occur doesn't it). Nonetheless please pilots if you are instructed to report your speed to the next frequency, it's not 'just' a legal requirement, but actually it's important as well, your separation is probably based on it. Please report everything you're asked too.