PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying pay for UK Mams.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2004, 05:23
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, this looks like it's getting a bit serious now, so I'll lay the banter aside for a bit.

MM, it's not so much WHAT movers do but the WAY they do it that annoys aircrew. As long as the movements world indoctrinates its exponents with the "Aircrew are just bus drivers - we're the REAL sharp end" attitude (and that attitude as rife among the MAMS community), aircrew will continue to have little respect for movers, so don't be surprised when the banter / dislike / etc comes straight back at you.

It is exceptionally aggrieving to have to put up with attitudes like this. I am not saying that aircrew are all gods and shouldn't have to take such 'disrespect' from mere mortals- not at all. It is just another 'push' factor on top of all the other sh1te that comes our way after having trained and worked long and hard, to be so undervalued by those who are supposedly on the same team as you. As I've already mentioned, aircrew skills are worth alot more in civvy street, and I imagine an awful lot of us will be taking those skills there soon.

I have tried many times to be friendly and 'inclusive' with mobile teams downroute, only to be met with arrogance and disdain (initiated by them) - it seems to be endemic in the MAMS world. I WANT the movers to come downtown with the rest of my crew - almost always, they won't.

Whilst it is true that the task would never get off the ground without someone to load the aircraft, co-ordinate requests for AT, build pallets, etc, without aircrew there would be no task at all.

Don't start none, won't be none, as a wise philosopher once said.

I offer an apology if I offended you, as reading back, some of my posts were a little over-vitriolic.

16B