PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 17th Dec 2004, 17:36
Jon Tucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thanks for your concern there Rotordog, but I can assure you that the basis for my wanting to do it is not purely related to my being unsatifsfied with my current career.

Its the only one I've had so far and I've been to doing it for 12 years, so no, I'm not prone to it.

I have done several trial flights in both fixed wing and rotor craft, and been planning to acquire my PPL(H) for a little while now.

In the last few years I have been commited to my job and my hobby, which is rallying. Both of these things have taken all of my time and one has used the available cash earned from the other! My situation is different now, I have stopped spending my cash on rallying and therefore am in a posistion to spend some on getting a licence to fly.

Also, now that I've stopped rallying, I find that my job is not what was keeping me interested in life. So....wouldn't you know it!!! I want to change my job, and I want a flying licence...How neatly these things could co-incide I thought!

I'm not 15 yrs old Rotordog, I've given this serious consideration. Neither am I so naive that I haven't realised the hard work, determination and commitment required, in fact its exactly like rallying in that respect.

Any other info anyone?

Great, thanks for the link Tudor