PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2004, 13:24
Workmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Afternoon Chaps and Ladies

Further to my posting last night, Newcastlepilot you are correct about the Chairman I mentioned.

However as I mentioned, the contract rate for the fuel/Avgas supplied to the Club by Air BP was more expensive than if they had continued to get fuel via Samson which was again supplied by Air BP. Plus Air BP lowered the PAP once the Aero Club contract commenced with them, this was a way at getting back at the Aero Club for the way they had conducted themselves. You are unable to take on a multi-national and win....the Aero Club lost out on behalf of its members but those in power at the time were too thick or pig headed to realise this. Also as a way of getting at Samson, their staff were banned from the Aero Club by the Chairman because they were keeping members up to date with what was going on, this ban was put down to a conflict of interests and did not go down well with Air BP when they found out.

As it happened, Terry Law the owner of Samson resigned from the Aero Club committee once his new company became operational, again due to conflicts of interest. Terry used to run the "Bravo Tango" Group very successfully and had no dealings with two Piper PA-28 which operated from the Samson Hangar, these were owned by Kevin Brown who later formed Aero Tours.

I think that clears a few points - one final thing in this posting, a word of thanks to JC from all flying members, and drinking members...

When JC was appointed the General Manager during the first year in this postion he worked 7 days aweek (from 08.00 to late in the evening) for a year WITHOUT a day off or holiday. He was just taken for granted by the Committee with little or NO thanks for his efforts. If it hadn't been for JC keeping the Flying School going on a daily basis, it would have ground to a halt, he also took over the duties of CFI when KL departed for pastures greener (the rest you all know about - DISGUSTING!!). The majority of flying members will nodoubt have flown with JC when getting their PPL or additional Ratings, a lot of his work was carried out after normal daily hours of 0900-1700 (which some members of staff worked only, little or nothing extra), JC would never turn anyone away, he would fit in their requests to flying no matter what the hour - a true flyer and not appreciated by some and just taken for granted.

Yes, a big THANK YOU to JC for all he has done for the Flying School and I know he is disgusted at the actions of certain Committee members over the years but too much of a gentleman to air his views in public. Mines a Pint JC...