PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will there be a pilot shortage?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2004, 10:36
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVR800 - You are 100% correct!! We have heard about this shortage for years now, it never seems to happen...However, if people are stuck i general aviation for 10 (!!!) years (still keeping license, medical valid) I think they should take a serious look in the mirror and ask themselves "What is "wrong" with me??"
I believe that if you work hard, keep on calling, mailing and showing you interest, you WILL get there in the end!! The problem is not to get desperate and start moaning and bitching because people around you get jobs....
I'm a living example of this and I know lots of other people without the right "contacts" who made it!! I was lucky to pull a turbo-prop job almost straight out of flight training.... At the time I had some 80+ CV's out there...from South America to Hong Kong... I got one (1) interview, one (1) job.... Then I was updating, calling and e-mailing for a loooooong time to try to "move on".....It was quiet for a loooong time!! And then, all of a sudden, whooops!! 4 interviews in 5 months.. It was my turn...That's how I look at it... When applying, you have to remember that 1000, or more, did the same...only months, maybe years, before you did....

Agree??

Flying Airbus IS really nice!!