PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar rewards early birds
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2004, 09:18
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wirgin -
Certain seat rows are blocked depending on the load. Orange straps are used to block off particular blocks of seats. On the 717 the number of seats blocked now is quite similar to when we had allocated seating. Row 4 and 5 were quite often blocked due trim under the QF system.

The 320 seat blocking is a bit restrictive when we have between 130-150 pax. For example if we have 148pax there is only 5 available seats left empty as rows 7-10 are blocked. This is an annoyance as pax could have a bit more room and it is frustrating to see a whole section of the cabin unused. Hopefully they will review the 320 seat blocking. Somone said they may even be able to abolish seat blocking on the Airbus after a certain amount of time.

In my experience I have recieved MUCH less complaints about seating now than when we had seats allocated. We were forever getting parties of 6 allocated up all the 'D' seats etc etc. It was always horrible to forever ask pax to move around after boarding due to people being separated or not getting their 'choice' of seat. It happened ALL the time. With JQ we typically only get people separated on flights that are over 90-95% full and it's only ever the last one or two groups of pax that board. Again the number of people affected, in my experience, is far less than what we had before.

EWL -
Is it still the case that people with mixed itineraries are QF customers and QF is reponsible for mis-connections? If it is I don't understand why QF wouldn't assume the costs for JQ-QF baggage transfer. Am I right in saying as far as check-in goes the cheaper systems used by JQ and DJ do not talk to other airlines?