PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - impossable or just improbable
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2004, 02:47
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
I do not care what the Resume looks like...it can be hand scribbled on cardboard.....what I do care about is how the person expresses themselves to me particularly in conversation. If the Resume (or cobbled up note if you will) arrives prior to the telephone call and the applicant has remotely the flying experience or background for the job advertised....fair dinkum. I am looking for pilots that are not afraid of work....do not mind getting their hands dirty....and consult their watch only to see if it is Opening Hours yet.

Attention to detail is good....honesty is even better....grand dispersals of bovine fecal matter loses out everytime. If all you are looking for is a short term deal to carry you over to your next good deal....say so. If you don't have the experience but are willing to do whatever it takes to earn the opportunity....say that too. If I worked for a Fortune 500 company....and all we flew around was nice suits and svelte personal assistants that would be different.....but longlinging and firefighting....spraying and other backwoods work do not call for professionally done and bound up in nice pretty booklet Resumes.

If you stand in the doorway....even in blue jeans and flannel shirt....if you are clean...your pickup is spotless...and you present yourself for what you really are....you stand a better chance than merely sending in a slick looking resume. One man's opinion....and for sure don't tell me all about your Command experience and staff qualifications from the military....