PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4
Thread: Nimrod MRA4
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2004, 23:23
Charlie Luncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Eff

Halcyon Days, you know I need to be closely supervised at all times and thus hold Cj responsible.

As for the band I hope you have O2 and a Mars Bar on tap just in case the old fella gets carried away on a drum solo - I keep getting flashbacks to animal and the Muppets just picture it. As for the group name, point of order, Charlie does now surf, not gracefully as you will appreciate.

Now then for those who think the UK should have bought P3 variants it would have been a step backwards as the airframe does have a few limitations compared to the Norman and it definitely is not as graceful but does leak about the same, either bumping along at 100'or bumping along in the clouds as you cant get above them, combined with the constant drone(not sure if it is the props or siggie ) the lunch has risen a few times. It is also a requirement to wear the helmet visor down to pick my nose as I would have had my eye out by now.
The MMA airframe is a fine airliner and Boeing will sell it well to pilots looking for type ratings with BA/Virgin, along with selling the UAV option as politicians will love it as they will not have to face questions when some of their crews are paraded on N.Korean/Chinese/Iranain TV. What the MRA and updated P3s offer can not be replaced by geeks in trailers or enhanced AWACS type platforms but I feel the decision will be outside my paygrade and well advised by the civil serpents, regards to all the freaks and geeks at DLTS you know who you are.

Charlie sends
now where's me board luv, what white shark