PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A plea to this industry's customers in North America and Europe
Old 20th Sep 2001, 06:46
Eboy
Everything is under control.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a 100K+ flyer within in the U.S. and to and from Asia. I basically read that Iomapaseo responds to incentives, as do most consumers. (As far as the three-bag folks, why do I see them standing next to the brochures explaining the two-bag rule? As far as berating gate agents, those folks should never be boarded.) Yes it is more inconvenient now, it will become less inconvenient with experience.

My flights and trips this month were cancelled, and I've had a lot of meetings by conference call. We're all finding out that virtual is fine for a lot of things, but not conducting serious business. Next month I'll be with a group of 90 travelling to Tokyo. The trip is still on. And next month, and next month, and next month.

Look for another hit in business when war breaks out in a few weeks, but don't panic.

Another reasons airlines are hurting is the depressed U.S. economy. I think the U.S. economy is going to come back next year for several reasons, and with it business travel. In the meantime, we're all taking a hit for a few months. My small business is feeling it too.

Some of these airline layoffs are angling by the airlines for money from the U.S. Congress.