PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster/Finningley (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2004, 16:25
garethjk22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree that there is a problem in educating the Americans into knowning the geography. However, it is an opportunity, and when an American carrier is looking at the UK market, which if you beleive this forum it would appear at least 2 are at the moment, then when assessing potential UK points, surely you must agree Doncaster will rate highly.

For example, bristol, got the CO service on the back of the US based industry around. DSA has the same wealth of incumbent travel, but also has everything outlined above. BRS doesn't, at least not to the same extent.

When a US carrier looks at the UK, they look at DSA and see a tick in every box. The point here is not about how DSA, or BRS, or MAN, or LPL or any other airport is percieved with the American public,it is about how DSA rates in comparison with other UK airports that the airlines are considering ... after all the airlines know that if it is not london they are going to struggle with the i/b pax. My very waffly point here is that DSA has a higher chance than other UK regionals of attracting I/B pax because of it's unique heritage.