PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A plea to this industry's customers in North America and Europe
Old 18th Sep 2001, 10:48
SevenFiftySeven.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I would have no problem flying tommorrow.
In October I am flying down to Arizona from Appleton, that is 3 domestic USA flights each way.
Am I looking forward to it? Yes.
Am I a little nervous? Maybe.
Would I cancel my flights based on last weeks events? No.

What happened last week was awful, it was tragic and unnecessary. However, the damage has been done, the attacks have been made and the point (if there was one) has been made. My personal opinion is that this is what the attackers wanted - to make people worried about flying. I don't think anything else is planned for the near future.

Personally, I would rather get to my destination in one piece, I don't care if I'm late, I don't care if I'm diverted. I just want to get there alive.

If dickheads like lomapaseo say they won't fly if they can't have the convenience that they are used to such as curbside check-in, then fine, they are probably better off staying away anyway.
Being from England, curbside check-in and family being allowed to walk up to the gate to see you off is unheard of.
We have to accept that airport security is important, but flying is still statistically safe.

Keep flying all!
Richard.