PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A plea to this industry's customers in North America and Europe
Old 18th Sep 2001, 00:24
OFBSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago I did quite a bit of flying. 125,000 miles in one year. Thanks, but I'm going to stay on the ground for a while. Am I a coward for saying that? Sure, whatever you say. My colleague, Anna Allison, was on AA flight 11 on Tuesday. May she rest in peace.

Security at US airports is a joke. There's a lot of uniformed folks walking around the airports now, but we still have the security checks being done by people getting minimum wage. And there are so very many people with ramp access. Anyone else remember a couple of years ago at Logan Airport when a teenager climbed the security fence and wandered around the ramp for an hour or so? IIRC, he was finally apprehended on board an aircraft.

When the federal government has taken over security for all airports and there are armed sky marshals on all flights, then I'll be much more likely to consider flying again. Until then, I'll be very unlikely to get on an airliner.

OFBSLF