PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fleet Air Arm help
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2004, 12:51
nick0021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fleet Air Arm help

Hi, ever since i was four all i have wanted to do is to emulate my grandfather and great uncules, in becoming a fixed wing pilot in the Fleet Air Arm. Just before i completed my degree in June of this year, i applied to the Royal navy. I had my first interview with my ACLO, and was invited back for my second one. this was canceled and it was rescheduled for the beging of Feburary. i am very apprehensive as to what i should be expecting in this interview. i have a good knowledge of Naval history, aircraft and weapons systems, and current affairsl,.....

1) i was wondering if anyone could tell me if am i on the right tracks with this kind of preparation?

2) i am also wondering about the FAT's, in terms of how long do they take, and what subjects they cover,..i.e reaction time. ive heard that you cannot really revise for them as they are mainly innate,...is this correct?

3) and finally, does anyone know when operational conversion from the SHAR to the F-35 jsf will commence, i.e for pilots whom begin trainingin the next couple of years, will they train for the ShAR then convert, or will they train for the F-35?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

may i aslo offer my deepest sympathies to the families of the four aircrew how sadly passed away. may they RIP.

Nick