PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 16th Dec 2004, 08:53
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I am the same. Unfortunately I am in one of those professions where I have to put myself on courses all the time to keep up with current requirements and legislation.

Unless you have worked as an employee for a company who have put you through the courses already then you are stuck with paying for them yourself as no new employer will take you on if you dont possess the qualifications they require.

The qualifications are also specific to the industry and so the trainers milk it for all they can - I spent £2500 to sit in a classroom for a week to listen to a guy warble on. Not bad for him when you consider there were about 15 of us!!!

I am set up now as a Ltd company (very Limited as only me ) so I am able to claim back the VAT. Unfortunately tried the same thing with the flying training but as my company does not supply any services to do with flying and shows no income from from it the account said no go! Oh well you have to try dont you

Julian.