PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying pay for UK Mams.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2004, 22:10
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E5,

You are correct, I do not like movers, but not because I was stung by one as a child. I have come across some good blokes on MAMS and Base, and know a few personally but on the whole, Movers are arrogant, incompetent, and totally convinced of their own imagined indispensability. As I already posted, Aircrew are essential to the completion of a task, movers (of the mobile variety) are not.

This attitude has developed with years of experience of dealing with them, both professionally and, on occasion, socially, and not simple naked prejudice, as you suggest.

Remember, in civvy street you would be simple baggage handlers and check-in staff, who are paid f**k all - that is how an open marketplace regards these trades. Pilots, on the other hand, are paid roughly twice what the service pays us, and can usually find such employment with ease on leaving the service. I rather think that the chips are all on mover shoulders, not aircrew.

And if the "sh1t hits the fan", I shall be the LAST to leave my aircraft as convention dictates. Why should I allow ANYONE on my aircraft to do things they are not qualified for, and only THINK they know how to do? To do so would be a gross negligence of responsibility.

16B