PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2004, 14:51
flystudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this post and it made me wonder something else.

Whilst I appreciate that male pilot/female pilot makes no difference in the general scheme of things it made me wonder about the recruitment process. There is a drive now to get more women into the airline industry- great I say, it's fact that they generally don't suffer the same bravado issues as blokes and studies have shown they are less likely to "take the gamble" probably a good thing on the flight deck but where does this leave the recruitment process of 2 equal candidates one a female and one a male ?

What springs to mind here (though miles apart) is in "affirmative action" in Africa, where the jobs are going to blacks before whites,(no problem with that - but I'm told even if the white's a far better candidate). Do you think there is a chance this could happen in said recruitment question as the airlines drive for more female pilots - in that it'd look better for them to be recruiting more females - or does it just not happen !!

All hypothetical and I'm not sexist or racist just thinking out loud.

FS

p.s. th earlier posts about crying re jet/prop and sim checks is disgusting - I hope the pilot that got sacked took them to the cleaners.

Last edited by flystudent; 15th Dec 2004 at 15:12.