PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Rating...
Thread: Night Rating...
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2004, 09:35
dpm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello folks!

Right, let's try to clear this up. I've just finished a JAA PPL with NQ and a FAA PPL in Florida, and I just checked the log book before sending it off to the Campaign Against Aviation. So:

For the JAA PPL it was 5 hours at night, of which 3 hours must be dual, and 1 hour must be cross country. (Notice that the 1 hour cross country can be with an instructor.) The only solo requirement was 5 solo take-offs and full-stop landings (so stop-and-go rather than touch-and-go).

For the FAA PPL, I believe the requirement was only 3 hours, but that's obviously covered if you are doing the JAA. The FAA requires 10 take-offs and landings; however, there is no solo requirement. Note that this is part of the basic FAA syllabus.

Samir786, you don't need to worry about day/night things; the Florida day lengths don't vary that much. My experience at Naples was that they were happy to plan everything out, so I didn't have to worry about schedules; obviously I can't speak for EFT but assume that they would be similar.

Have fun, DPM

PS Samir786, btw, make sure that you double-check that your school is SEVIS registered for visa issue. EFT are not listed directly on the SEVIS approved list, but that's probably because they're registered under a different trading name. It's worth double-checking, since I almost signed up for a school that didn't have visa approval. Sorry, not relevant to the NQ, but make sure you triple check everything.