PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BLACKPOOL
Thread: BLACKPOOL
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2004, 09:23
BPL321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-BLK Happenings

Hello,

Thought I would participate in this topic.

I get the impression a lot of people are taking the mick out of BLK
airport which I do find a little unfair. Not that it will ever become a LHR but didn't that start off with just a few tents? (not that BLK has still got them mind you!!)

Anyway, apparently City Hoppers are going to announce more new routes soon. Thats what they were quoted has saying anyway. I think they want another 7 or 8 routes, domestic and to Europe.

Britannia operate weekly 757s to spain, Air 2000 weekly 757 and A320/1 to spain and Air Europa 737s to Tenerife. So its not just Ryanair who use the runway at BLK. There have also been a marked increase in one of charter destinations using a variety of airlines from BLK. I think in the last few weeks there has been Lapland, Prague, Salzburg and plenty more planned.

FlyKeen continue to fly to IOM and BHD, perhaps they will introduce new routes and yes the PA31 crew are still knocking about between BLK and IOM.

I think BLK needs more in the way of charter destinations(not one offs) and maybe a new operator to increase presence at the airport. Its been Tenerife and Alicante for a few years now, only during the winter months though. I'm sure if MAN can support the usual 15/20 Palma flights each day during the summer BLK can manage 1!!

Other happenings I guess would be a steady stream of biz jets
and light a/c traffic.

Well thats my take on this topic for now. Anyone else got 'hot off the press' news?

cheers