PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 19:51
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
What is this with the banal utterings of those inadequately-testiculated old dinosaurs who have yet to comprehend that female pilots are every bit as good as male pilots?

Years ago, during a Spanish ATC strike, I only got home on time because the Dan Air captain kicked butt, put on extra fuel and flew her 707 all the way home at FL170 from Mahon to Gatwick! She had a 'can-bŁoody-do' attitude, all right!

I trained a fair few pilots in the military; one of our best was a young lady who came from a generation of pilots - on her first sim trip I spotted a degree of application, skill and determination which wasn't exhibited by her male colleagues. "She'll be the first female captain on this fleet" thought I after watching her fly the sim for 5 minutes. And so she became! I had the very great pleasure of acting as her co-piglet when she retired the last ever Standard VC10 to its graveyard many years later. Fittingly, her grandfather had brought the a/c into BOAC service quite a few years earlier!

Stop bitching about female pilots - in general they're very good indeed. As should only be expected!