PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UFOs
Thread: UFOs
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 19:39
Shropshire Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what was the Shawbury incident? I spent a couple of years there and have never heard of it
Apparently a Met Officer in the early 90's was on duty at RAF Shawbury in the early hours of the morning and saw a large disk shaped object (I think the description of size was about 747 size) drifting across the countryside shooting what appeared to be a laser towards the ground. I haven't got Nick Pope's book with me but from what I recall it moved very slowly in the vicinity of Shawbury then shot off towards the south. It was also seen over Cosford by someone on guard duty and reported independently. Nick Pope got the official report beng the civil servant on the 'UFO desk' and as I say seems to think it quite a significant sighting.

If I remember correctly Shawbury also featured in one of Jenny Randles books as she was told about strange radar traces when she gave a talk there.

I've seen a few unusual things in my time but - having lived 8 miles from Shawbury for a number of years - never anything there!!