PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - trouble on takeoff
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 16:37
Farrell
The Cooler King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<surely there would be far greater chance of avoiding the R.I.P scenario if there was open area to at least attempt a forced landing!

maybe i should be specific, lets suppose hypothetically an altitude of under 500 feet.>>

.....it's like having a back-up, back-up, back-up system.......where would you think that the line should be drawn? safe to 500 feet?....or 501 feet?....... it could go on forever!

It's a bit like living, which I did, for a year in Tokyo city centre, in an old 20 storey apartment building, knowing that if (immprobable and all as it might seem) the next earthquake is over 6.8 on the richter scale that you and probably everybody else is going to be buried deep beneath the rubble, left to die a torturous death from thirst and starvation......

....after three months losing sleep over this, I realised that it was just one of those things in life that is out of my control, and started thinking about other, more rivetting things - like a nineteen year old Japanese student-girl named Ayako!