PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4
Thread: Nimrod MRA4
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 15:49
MrEff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite right. The customer insisted on Rolls Royce engines rather than the ones in the bid. This forced the design and build of the new wing causing extra cost and significant delay.

Quote "A little birdy has told me that the RAF will be looking for a new replacement aircraft soon!" - I wonder at the value of unsubstantiated comments like this. I could say that the same little birdy told me that the MOD had finally wised up and decided to go ahead with eighteen of these superb aircraft but unless I name the 'little bird' it's all just so much tosh!

Hi Rich Lear - sorry I came out all guns blazing. We know each other well, so I hope you'll understand. I really believe it was worth the Government buying British. Having experienced the way Boeing work, you get exactly what you specified. Ie if you didn't say you wanted seats, you don't get any seats. The way BAE and the RAF have worked together has really been an inspiration. Together they have always sought out the best solution and not just the one in the spec. All the best, Ritchie.