PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Dec 2004, 14:02
planepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick,
I cannot tell you if you should come out here or not, (It is a nice time of the year for a holiday though) so you should enjoy the vacation in Dubai if nothing else.
The idea that Emirates Contract means anything is something debatable, given their past history with all of us here. I am on the 330/340 and this month I am doing 115 hours, great for the overtime pay, but I will be using most of it for doctors and divorce lawyersif I keep flying like this.
The newly changed t&cs have upset the crowd out here some (If that is not an understatement I do not know what is) but on the bright side we will be making a profit this year even though in the process we will have upset our customers (bags going missing, departments being understaffed etc).
My last experience with the t&cs of Emirates came as a surprise, but it should not have as I should have known better. I flew I day off for them, and when I quired if I would get paid for that when I came back from the flight, they told me NO. I am not joking, they will not pay days off although they have agreed to it in the latest info pay package we got, because what they forgot to clearly mention is the fact that we are contracted to have 8 days off in a month and anything more is not an obligation but a bonus. Therefore only if we have less than 8 days off in a month will we be entitled to the day off payments. Needless to say I was upset, but then again that is the last time I agree to work my day off.
PP