PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 13:36
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just a quick warning to the neanderthals out there that from now on, anyone exhibiting the effects of a mutated testosterone imbalance in their replies to this thread are likely to find their efforts wasted as my feminine side just can't stand all that machoism. I mean, if you can't take part in a serious debate without resorting to inflammatory euphemisms that lead the majority of sensible readers to assume that you are nothing more than an outdated dinosaur with what can only be described as a low self esteem who has yet to be led, kicking and screaming no doubt, into the 19th century, never mind the 21st, then there are plenty of other websites out there catering for your prejudices.

What sex the pilot or pilots are on an aircraft should have no bearing on anything. As long as they are trained to the required standards there is no reason to worry about anything. If anyone is worried or feels uncomfortable about having to work with a female pilot then it is they who should seek treatment for their irrational fears. Admitting to any kind of bias in this day and age should sound alarm bells and you'd better hope that anyone who knows you have these 'problems' is sympathetic.

So, I hope those of you who feel they have to air their prejudices with the usual 'flame' type responses from behind the comforting cloak of anonymity have had your fill on this thread. Anything from now on that is worded in such a way as to inflame the debate with nonsense and bravado is going to be wasted... Unless, of course, you are macho enough to provide your true identity. (I won't be holding my breath )