PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 12:44
piton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, now Flash8 don't jump to (stereotyped) conclusions. You are just exhibiting your immature thought processes.

I think you'll find that most FOs will prefer to be sitting next to a commander that won't get them into a GPWS incident in the first place! If you know your accident history you will know that the two pilots flying into a lump of granite have up to now always been of the XX chromosome category. And while still only 3-7% of the commercial pilots are women they have been around for about 30 years. If we were such a risk factor to safe operations as you are implying we'd be figuring in the statistics by now.

I have been flying comerially for 23 years and am now a checkpilot with my airline. (No not the first female one either). I would prefer to fly with a professional, competent colleague and have found that those qualities are independent of gender.

Iwonder what the women you've encountered in your life have done to have left you with this attitude. It's nothing to do with being pc - you are just being small minded.

As far as traditional roles are concerned researchers have concluded that if men were a separate species they'd be becoming extinct. There's not much call for bison hunters any more. Just as well we need to keep you around to fill our physical needs once in a while.