PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 10:53
CosmosSchwartz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This argument really pi$$es me off. It seems until at least half of every occupation is undertaken by women there will always be cries of sexism.

Ever stopped to think that it's only in the last 10-15 years that women have decided to go for pilot as a career, hence the limited
number of female chief pilots? How many guys make chief pilot in 15 years?

Ever stopped to figure out the ratio of males/females undertaking training? Of 5 females going through training the same time as me, 5 of them have jobs. Many of the blokes don't. Were the females better candidates for the jobs than all the guys that haven't got work? In some cases yes, in some cases no. So why did they get the jobs? I would like to think because on the day they had the better interviews and convinced the employers that they would be good employees, plain and simple. And that's the way it should be for EVERYONE. No matter what job it's for.

As for positive discrimination, recently one major carrier was announcing some lay offs and was working on a last in first out basis. Unless you were female, then you could stay. Is that fair?