PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 04:10
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, dear, here we go again... another "women pilots bashing session". We had a number of such threads in private flying.

It used to be, and probably still is, that the failing rate for air lines was 98%! It didn't matter if it was guys or gals... if you didn't meet the requirements, your out!

Lufthansa was one of the last airlines to accept women. My ex was a 737 Captain and before the first ones were accepted, he, too, thought they be lousy. Well, he later couldn't praise them enough! He said that most of the women co-pilots he got were BETTER then the men he flew with.
Maybe it's because they have to acheive more... example: if they did a mistake in training, the fellow students (all guys) would say "sure, we knew a women couldn't handle it". The same mistake by a guy would get ignored!!

DLH now has many female pilots, both as co and as captain, AND training pilots!! Now if those machos at Lufthansa have no problem with it, then the rest should not mind.

My job is in a male-dominated area. I hate the thought I got the posistion because I'm a woman! I DON'T want to fill a quota, I want it because I'm QUALIFIED! And I can't see any boss wanting someone who can't pull the ropes... he wants to spend his money on someone who will do the job... whether it be male or female!

When will this competition between the sexes stop... or do they make you feel inferiorer CAVU?

Westy