PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots at Ryanair???
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 19:11
CAVU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Negative" Recruitment

"Airbus Girl"

Your initial question seems to reveal an attitude inclined to believe in the RIGHT women have to airline employment rather than the OPPPORTUNITY.

Did you consider the possibility that the female candidate in question, simply failed to meet Ryan Air's required standards?

On a wider point, you should consider whether private employers should have the right, in a "free market', to choose whomsoever they please for any position and then let the public decide whether their hiring practices are acceptable, exempli gratia, by voting with their feet.

Tediously, I have to preface this next statement and say that it is not intended as a insult, but as a male airline pilot and rising beyond questions of general competence, I think speak for many PC weary colleagues when I say, simply, that; I prefer to fly with the guys-bottom line I’m afraid. Don’t be duped into a perception of larger opinion by this and other threads, which painfully follow the same old tired pattern of: PC outrage –UPC response- Administrator response- then floods of self-congratulatory, sycophantic PC drivel. I've heard a variety of derogatory expressions for female pilot over the years, but "conversation stopper" might be the most incisive.

So if you really do believe that your fellow sister was unfairly deprived of a job that was rightfully hers (or whether you don’t), do yourself and the industry a favour and never fly Ryan Air again. (I hope every night for it and its’ ilk’s speedy and messy demise)