PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4
Thread: Nimrod MRA4
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 17:01
MrEff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Rich Lear - New to this PPrune malarky Registered to reply to your "come on BAE people". I'm more than happy to answer any questions and debunk B#LL#X of which there seems to be a powerful lot spoken about MRA4. Funny how those that talk the loudest seem to know the least. As a starter.....There is no doubt that MRA4 is now far and away superior to anything else. To have chosen a P3 would have been to settle for something inferior to the MK2 which makes no sense. The Boeing MMA is laughable and will be a big dissappointment to all the US Navy operators who visited the MRA4 Integration Rig and declared that they would give their eye teeth for it. The MRA4 Mission System (which is working very well indeed thankyou) will enable its aircrew to fully utilise their tactical skills and produce world beating results in the many new and varied theatres now and in the future. (Mark is spot on here, of course). There have been problems with the project caused by both sides. However the empty vessels that bang on about them would do well to find out whether or not a solution has been engineered before they preach doom. I expect comments like "well you would say that wouldn't you" -- Those of you who know me know different! My one regret at leaving the airforce is that I won't get the chance to fight this excellent platform but the lads who do will have an aeroplane they can be proud of for years to come. Happy Christmas to all my readers.