PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA4
Thread: Nimrod MRA4
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 14:49
Mad_Mark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit was the replacement of Nimrod the best use of taxpayers money, do we still need this capability or should it be a nato or European capability paid for and operated by Europe.

I do find it hard to believe that we can send the army, navy and air force out to fix other peoples problems with below standard equipment yet spend a lot of money on projects that may have no modern requirements
Oh dear, here we go again People with no idea about what the Nimrod can, and indeed does, do, talking out of their ar$es

What the fleet needs least of all now is a reduction in crews and aircraft. The fleet is working harder, and spending far more time away from home than it ever did back in the 'good old' cold war days. With this Governments ridiculous cuts it can only get worse, leading to even lower morale and even more people wishing to vote with their feet. I see few problems of reducing to the Governments target figures for the Kipper Fleet in the next year or 2, in fact I foresee retention bonuses being needed in just a few years time to keep the figure UP to the manning levels they have quoted!!

MadMark!!!