PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And on a lighter note - A340s....grrr
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 14:45
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry this is not directly related to this thread, but wrxflame makes an interesting point re. pprune here.

I started looking on this site because I was a nervous flyer. That helped re-kindle an interest in aviation and now I'm doing my ppl.

Both my flying training and this site have helped me sit more comfortably in the back of several airliners, but if I'm going to fly in something I haven't flown in before, I still check out this site for views and info on the type. For example, I recently took a flight in a 146 for the first time and checked out what ppruners had to say about it. Helpfully, I read about the unusual wind noise on that aircraft as the flaps are set in flight. Now, if I'd heard the banshee noise unexpectedly it it would have scared the life out of me but, since I was expecting it, it was an interesting rather than a scary event.

Maybe we should have a specific forum for 'nervous passengers' to ask the professionals about those things that might otherwise lose the industry customer.

As I said, sorry to go off-thread. Very interesting to see ATCOs struggling at places like LHR (with 777s, 340s etc) in the same way they do with vastly differing performance between Cessna 152s, Tomohawks, Warriors and Duchesses at my training field! But then, life would be boring if we all flew the same planes wouldn't it!

HH