PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 13:46
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero Club

newcastlepilot:

Great posting, I refer to your paragraph regarding old committee of Danielson/McLeod/Prentice & Gilmour.

I am one of those and anybody who knows me will verify that I have never tried to hide the fact that I was proud to have served on the Aero Club committee.

I was elected chairman of house-sub committee. A duty which I enjoyed immensely.

I was involved in the self financing decoration of the bar/rest area when it was done and was pleased with the results.

To say we "hit upon something" is probably an understatement.
Each monthly meeting would be the same scenario - the deposed treasurer reading his financial statement which made no sense at all. I always tried to make it my business to find out exactly what was going on but I was always shown a "closed door".

The final straw was at a meeting when treasurer K. Todd read out a statement claiming innocence in any wrong doing financially, this was followed up by Chairman Danielson informing him that he was under investigation by Special Branch. As I have always presented myself as honest I resigned with immediate effect as I felt extremely uneasy about what was going on.

As I stated earlier, I always conducted myself in a honest manner and anybody that knows me would surely voutch for that.

I have also had lengthy dialogue with RMT administrators about the present situatuation.

But certainly like Barry Lawson, myself and and others felt like we might aswell not be around.

I am open to crtitisism like anybody should be and I do feel a certain amount of "collective responsibility" because of what has happened but this would never make me run away from any responsibility I have.

Cheers

M

Guys

As a folow up to the pathetic annonymous phone call I have just recieved since my last posting.

I have never played my cards "close to my chest" or tried to hide the fact I was a committee member albiet for a short time, also - it certainly wasn't newcastlepilot's last posting that caused me to "show my hand".

I have worked harder than most with Elia to keep all members informed as well as providing him with information that other people quite simply could not have provided.

To that idiot who just phoned me - I wonder how we stack up against each other morally?

Cheers

M

Last edited by TOPJET973K; 8th Jan 2005 at 20:42.