PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship - Please stop Airline Security SOP's being posted on this site.
Old 17th Sep 2001, 12:41
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
I have not seen one thing on PPRuNe that is not available elsewhere.

I think you are overeacting.

Last Tuesdays events were obviously well funded and resourced. It looks like they put their manpower through flight training all the way to a sim course. I doubt there was little technical info they did not know already.

As for operational matters - are you suggesting that every airline Ops manual ever printed is secure? No journals, seminars or manuals about airline security are available to anybody who has reason to seek them? Hardly.

Whilst I recognise 'they' have to be seen to be doing something to give general reassurance to the public I am finding the continued antics of Operation 'Stable Door' and Operation 'Bolted Horse' to be highly unamusing.

a) Why are we searching EVERYONES hand luggage when its been screened already? What do the machines miss that a harassed security 'gaurd' will find? And, ummm, is it really necessary to search half the aircrafts passengers who in some instances this week have been clearly over 60 and as more likely to wet themselves as put a knife to my throat on a UK domestic flight.

b) What is the point of locking the highly kick downable flightdeck door and banning flightdeck visits? Like that is going to stop terrorists with a will to die and a year in the planning.

c) As far as I understand it NONE of the measures currently being taken would actually prevent another WTC being made out of Canary Wharf. X-rays can still buy a ticket, come on board with a harmless looking piece of plastic and male wash kit and they can still gain access to the flight controls.