PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 10:52
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windsheer

I am in no way technical but, if 'a bristolian' is the user name of the person I think it is, he is well qualified when it comes to talking about routes and a/c capabilities at BRS.

I notice you have a Wales address which interests me because when it appeared that BRS and CWL were going head to head for the CO EWR route the talk in the Principality, both political and in the aviation community, seemed to be that CWL would win out because of its longer runway.

I remember reading a paper from a noted Welsh transport expert saying that it was certain that if either airport got the route it would be CWL because no airline would 'risk' BRS's so-called table-top runway. By risk he meant commercial operations, not safety, of course.

I wonder if the CWL management believed this and did not fight as hard for the route as their counterparts across the Severn because they believed they had it 'in the bag'.

a Bristolian

If I have mis-identified you please accept my apologies but I believe we have conversed elsewhere when you correctly guessed my PPRuNe 'handle'.

I note the November BRS pax figures with interest: charter traffic down for the month by 31% on the previous November but total traffic up 16%. The running year shows charter traffic down 1% but total traffic up 16%, again compared with the previous period last year.

Just got back from ACE and the flights each way seemed well filled on the Britannia charter.