PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bewildering choice buying new laptop. M, Centrino, P4 ????
Old 12th Dec 2004, 21:08
Feneris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've finally bought a laptop, it's a Sony VAIO, Centrino 1.6Ghz, 512mb, 60gb, wireless, bluetooth, DVD writer and 15" screen. PCWorld, ex demo model, £900. The identical new model, which is widescreen is £1200 on the internet. I'm very happy to save the money and I still prefer the traditional shape of the screen. It's a A series which looks and feels a lot better than the cheaper K series.

The bundled software included Adobe Photoshop Elements which sells for about £70 in PCWorld and Adobe Premier Standard, which is a much cut down version of Premiere Elements, same price. Although normally the bundled software is rubbish, with the Sony's it is really worth having.

Sony sell an extra 2 years warranty for £175, which I explained to the bloke at pcworld when he offered me their version for £300. Said bloke knocked the price down to £240, and as it includes theft cover for 1 year and accidental damage for all 3, I reckoned was worth having.

I'm now off to continue playing with my new toy!! Thanks for all the above advice!!