PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas:Apology Airlines
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2004, 03:24
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
G'day R and E, fair points all. All of the 767 J class IFE and seats are starting to look tired. Not just on CGK and MNL either but also on MEL-NRT and ADL-DRW-SIN and still the occasional PER-SIN. The actual service by the cabin crew though is the same as other J class with the new seat and as you say, internationally isn't too shabby. Occasionally it can be personality driven by the crew on duty which is a shame.

As to the cheese box, I've seen it but that's about it- I'm not allowed to eat cheese anymore! I've done a bit of paxing domestically recently and have always thought the service not bad- that may be due to the fact that I didn't actually buy the ticket though.

Still, I'm not trying to be an apologist for QF. (Is that called irony? Apologising for 'apology airlines'? ). I acknowledge that the airline has its faults, the shame is that the message often doesn't get through. A large part of that is because a lot of the workers have a bloodied and battered head from beating against the brick wall. That they don't get the message through is due to those that put the brick wall up- and THAT is squarely a management issue.