PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas:Apology Airlines
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2004, 22:32
pullock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once upon a time I was telling a rather up there Qantas head about the disaster that was their cardboard box/Neil Perry catering policy. He replied that the customers were very happy with the cardboard boxes - Qantas having the best catering in the business, and that he knew this because that was what Qantas' market research department was telling them, and that the market research people were one of the biggest market research departments in the country and they must be right..............

What I am trying to say is that QF managers believe the QF machines own b ull s hit blindly without actually getting out there on the coal face and seeing what realy goes on. When they do hear things that they don't want to hear then they brand the person who managed to get the truth some attention as a unionist reactionary winger - that's easier than addressing the issues.

I think Qantas would like to have a great service product, and there are many people who work for them every day who put in a massive effort for the customers, but the machine that is Qantas just misses the mark so often that it is getting a well deserved name for its self. I bet the QF management aren't aware of many of the other 'isms that refer to their airline, and perhaps they should be.

I remember Ansett's service and it was by far the best till they stuffed it up just before the end. How much better was the gold wing club than the QF lounges, and how good was AN business and catering? Remember when full fare economy pax could get an upgrade if it was available just by asking??????????