PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's talk personality.....
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2004, 18:17
Mouse Organ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks EGBKFLYER for your response. I posed the question for the simple reason that, as a starter, one has no practical idea what interviews are like in reality and how intense or not they are.

When I imagine myself in an interview with a chief pilot of an airline for example (am I wishful thinking??), I think of two things: I could either as you say, be myself and be completly honest with said interviewer and be as open and forthcoming about myself, or I could still be myself, but just not as generous with the truth and divulge only the bits that shine out and that are going to impress an interviewer, and by this I refer to being econimical with the truth, as opposed simply to lying. The problem with the latter is that everyone has small things about themselves which are not at the top of one's list to share, but could an unwillingness to show one's humanity hinder you?

Both of the above I would consider "being myself", but does it only depend on the character of the interviewer as there will likely be good and bad reactions to both scenarios above?

I know I might be accused of nit-picking here, but when the competition is fierce, these are important matters, no? The experience of those who've been through interviews a number of times would be welcome...

Many thanks,
Mouse.