PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2004, 16:16
noiseabatement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle Upon Tyne Aero club

Dear Members:

I really think the Samsom Jet Centre/Ballinger option would see the club change into a corperate doss house for Newcastle United fotballers waiting for their SCOT AIRWAYS flights to away fixtures.

As I posted yesterday I believe that the Elia Golfin option has a good chance of taking the club forward. If he is in contact with EGNT authorities/RMT then surely that is a good sign, I haven't heard of the chap but lets see what developes. Had a private PM with TOPJET (he seems OK, gets some flack though but the club is at his heart!) and information provided re: Elia Golfin sounds good. I know from reading past postings people are very sceptical of his rumoured offer and I am myself but at least that option would keep our club and it to be run by the members for the members.

A new owner is not always a bad thig but we do need to move forward from this elected committee mindset. Committees always look out for themselves and that has been well documented in the past.

Martinidoc providing some excellent information in postings.

This thread WILL go on for years now small stones are being turned over and more and more information about how the club was run is coming to light. Before heading south I was a regular member but I have found out MORE via PPRUNE/Martinidoc etc about the club was/is run in the last 5 days than I did in 15 years!

Good luck

BB