PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Breathtest. Update: Captain jailed
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2004, 11:31
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NN

A piece of advice, 2 pints could put you way over the drink drive limit.

I would agree with a zero limit, for flying or driving. However I don't make legislation.

Why the differences? As I said, try the medics for the answer to that. I would presume because the level of concentration required for flying is probably higher than it is for driving.

Ill thought out the limits may well be, but I don't think sensationalist, afterall it's only on here really that its being talked about. The press will call anyone 'drunk' who convicted of a drink driving or flying offence, irrespective of thier level of 'drunkeness', it sells papers that way.

No, the incident I refer to was not commercial, but if you think about it you can't have a piece of legislation that says if you have a PPL you can't drink, if you have a commercial one you can. Would that mean that you could drink when flying passengers but get in a cessna you can't? You would consider that wrong, so would most people.

I don't take it personaly, it's all rather amusing to me. Younger Police become older Police eventualy they get the message.