PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Helicopter Championships 2005
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 21:40
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...er, zerosum,...er... it was me who first used the phrase "riff-raff" to paraphrase another Ppruner's post. It was self-deprecating and not directed at anyone - I don't think helifun used that term.

This is a discussion where I can see both sides. For whatever reason, and you can argue against it until the cows come home, but it is my impression that the HCGB is a bit elitist. OK, I have only been a member for a short while and I believe that things have changed in the last few months. All sorts of people out there can say, "oh no, Whirly, they're not elitist" and maybe they're not BUT that is the impression I have got. Sorry.

Secondly, I am Chairman of car club which is run entirely by volunteers. We have all sorts of members who appear to have nothing better to do than whinge but will not give up the time to help improve things. So I understand that, unless the committee of any club have feedback and input from the membership, then the committee can only act as they see best and within their sphere of experience.

Cheers

Whirlygig