PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Helicopter Championships 2005
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 18:59
helifun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s interesting that people choose to attack the person with a view or comment rather than look at and see the points being made. yes i and many others do care about the club and this forum is the place to highlight concerns as it is accessed by a large number of the club members. yes i have tried to change the many aspects commented on here from the committee without success.

The arrival this week of the current issue of the club magazine highlights many of the points that have been made. the chairman’s ramblings are exactly that. articles about wonderfully expensive trips again and again …………………. By the same people.

And wow how the committee must hate someone ! the new articles sent out all but name the person they are after.

will new members have to have declare any criminal record ? will you be thrown out if they find out you have a record at a later date ? will the club have the id card before the rest of the uk ?

but it will be ok if kill someone when drink driving as all driving offences are excluded !!!! so that’s all right then.

the right to veto a committee member even though he they had been elected by a vote from the membership ?

yes the committee are volunteers and everyone recognizes that but look past the trees – the reason no one puts their name forward is because the membership are not informed of the seats available until about 3 weeks before the agm. why was a notice not included in the current issue if the club magazine inviting nominations ? why are the name of the committee members to be replaced not published in good time ?

changes in the clause for the position of secretary mean that there could be a non-director serving until they die. i don not see that as a fair system of rule unless you live in zambia !!

if all of the paperwork that arrived this week from the committee is not an example of what is wrong with the club then ha ho i’ll put my new rose colored sunglasses on again and live happily ever after – just like real life