PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's talk personality.....
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 13:24
Mouse Organ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Let's talk personality.....

The question I want to ask has three parts and is aimed at those established pilots and/or those working in selection/recruitment who are kind enough to spend thier time writing advice in this area of the forum for hopefuls such as myself.

What are the personality traits of a pilot from these three perspectives:

1 - The common hard reality; are they arrogant, tight, disciplined, and cold but confident and effective good leaders? Or are some slightly more timid and humble?

2 - The interview room; whatever the interviewer wants no matter how much BS that might be? And lets face it, although an interviewer will normally see through this, some people are just very good at being what an interviewer wants them to be for a purpose.

3 - The outer extreemes of current graduates who've made it into employment through to the Senior Captains of flag carriers; with regard to the latter, I already know one, and he's my uncle, but is he typical of what you find at that end of the spectrum? (and he doesn't live in this country, and he doesn't give a damn about my ambition nor does me offer ANY, and I mean ANY advice on becoming a pilot - I'm not bitter, really I'm not! - hence, don't bother telling me I should ask him, because that's a futile exercise)

Thanks in advance, MO.

Last edited by Mouse Organ; 10th Dec 2004 at 16:17.