PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flow control from NYO
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 08:57
Rocco in Budapest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a requirement for both ATC and ATFCM, that the EOBT of a flight shall be an accurate EOBT. This applies to all flights,whether subject to a flow management regulation or not. Any change to the EOBT of more than 15 minutes for any IFR flight within the FPM distribution area (see Annex 1 for details) shall be communicated to the IFPS
Ok, so slots are based on EBOT which has to be accurate within 15 minutes, makes perfect sense. However, I have been late off blocks by more than 15 min more often than I care to remember and never have I had to cancel and refile (unless of course the flight plan had expired). So I gather from the previous reply that in cases of delays og +15 min the following will happen:

"Any change to the EOBT of more than 15 minutes for any IFR flight within the FPM distribution area (see Annex 1 for details) shall be communicated to the IFPS

Wouldn´t that "communication to the IFPS" take place if an a/c wanted to depart +15 min ahead of its EOBT just like it would in the case of a delay of +15 min?

Routechecker,
Looking as 1.10.5.2, it lists a few items that if changed would need you to cancel and refile one of them being a departure of +15 min prior to EOBT. However, according to 1.10.5.3:
in the case of an IFR flight a change in he EOBT (+/-) greater than 15 min shall be reported to FPC, ATS, or IFPS.
Seems a bit ambiguous.

Also, just want to say that this is very enlightening. Good to get feedback. Thanks for the replys.

Last edited by Rocco in Budapest; 10th Dec 2004 at 09:26.