PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets Fly Jetstar!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 08:32
Galley Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perth Base

A Jetstar Perth base within a year?
It would happen IF they get the QantasLink contract off of National Jet Systems. Jetstar I've heard aren't keen on entering the Perth market for some time otherwise but would sooner with this contract.
In addition, I work with up to 100 cabin crew out of Perth and we are nearly 100% unionised. If we lost the QantasLink contract, we would all hope to at least attain an interview for the Jetstar Perth Base as we'll try so hard to keep our jobs in conjunction with the FAAA.
As you said skysista, if we were lucky enough to be 'absorbed' into Jetstar if we lost the contract, I'm sure all our cabin crew will love to cross over - career progression, full Qantas discount, newer nad slightly larger aircraft... I even see the girls on tenth year pay going if they had the chance starting again (we're on a ten year pay increase scale).

And yes skysista, we just had a ground school finish training, we've got one training now and yes, there's interviews early January for a January ground school, averaging 15-20 FAs in each ground school. These are for our Perth, Darwin and Cairns Bases. Recruitment is needed regardless of the outcome of the B717 contract, although we should know the outcome between 1 to 3 weeks!

By the way, anyone know any more information other than Virgin Blue thinking about a Perth base in March (delayed from January apparently)?

Last edited by Galley Power; 10th Dec 2004 at 08:48.