PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours ship to hit the sand?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2001, 02:27
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ahh Baby Anakin,

If I were you, I'd be more worried about your own job than anyone elses. Seeing as your butt is hanging out the bottom Britania's seniority list, probably in much the same place as it was when you joined 6 months ago.

As you know I work for Airtours, and I happen to believe that my job is no less safe than anyone elses.

Despite the odd rougue financial report, Airtours was starting to win favour again in the city, and the shares were recomended as a 'BUY' by many analysts (B4 last week!!). Next years bookings are up 8% over this year, and the problems of the German operation are being resolved.

Airtours strenght is in its diversity, as there are literally hundreds of components to the business.

The Airline is unique in as much as that it only just has enough A/C and crew to service the most 'quiet' part of the winter schedule, so it never has over-capaity (unlike your airline and the rest of IT), so in the summer a large part of the schedule is subbed out to MON,bmi, and Sky Services etc.

It is very easy to knock Airtours (because it is so successful), and it is not without its faults, but consider this, the Airline is only 10 years old, and its largest expansion was during the last recession which is why so many of our crew are ex Air Europe... Not many firms can say that!!

Some of you will say I'm putting my head in the sand....... Perhaps

Am I worried?.......Yes

Am I angry?........Yes

Am I optimistic?......I have to be, I have a wife, an 11 moth old girl, and a £170,000 mortgage to support.

Lets just hope they take out the evil cowardly scum ASAP so everyone can rebuild their lives.

Take care, and Good luck (we're ALL gonna need it!!)