PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours ship to hit the sand?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2001, 14:34
night_flight99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b.anakin,

Whilst I know that this is a rumour network, I am beginning to question the motives of those who post statements like this without regard to any potential damage that they do.

I see from your profile that you are 757/767 rated and UK based so I presume that you work for one of the competition. I work for aih and hope, like most of the other people on this forum who work in aviation, that the impact on our industry is not as grave as predicted.

I am sure that you have reasons for making the statement that you do, but having gone through the demise of air europe and others in the early 90's, you are mistaken to point to only one company after the devastating tragedies of the 11th September. ALL companies will suffer from the impact of this tragedy.

Your comments are unhelpful, and rather lacking in experience of this industry if you think that the downturn will only affect one organisation.

I question your motives for targeting airtours, (by the way who do you work for?), but I believe that they are in as good a shape as any other to ride out this storm.

I would add my condolences and deepest sympathy to anybody touched by this tragedy.