PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 9th Dec 2004, 18:05
benyfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello all,
hey, RTJ i just finished an aeronautical engineering degree and believe me there is no shortage of maths. Nearly all subjects covered apart from a few business ones have some elements of maths (as the previous post points out.) I also wanted to do a degree as a back up incase the pilots thing did'nt work out( or i lose my class 1 medical in 2 years or the industry wont supply jobs. It also helped me when it came to borrowing the money as im self funded, knowing that i could get into a job that has a decent wage.
But don't do the degree if it does'nt interest you, the 3-4 years are a hard enough slog without having pull yourself into classes that just make ya want to sleep (eg the business ones on aero...lol....).
I enjoyed the aero degree and it does give you a good insight into the world of aircraft, how they function and why.

any further Q's about the aero degree just pm me and ill try to answer from my experiences

all the best

beny