PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson promises Oz fares war
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2004, 11:31
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin and its localised spawn are traditionally not always the cheapest. This is a very well milked and effective publicity ploy and in the local market has engendered the perception that they are automaically the best cost option.

This in many cases is true, and we happily sell their services. It is not always the case as as many times QF mainline comes in cheaper on many routes, particularly lower volume.

VS is coming in with the same broo ha-ha, and it is indeed a good public relations and will generate revenue.

Fares at 30% below the alleged QF/BA stranglehold on the Kangaroo route are freely available with Austrian, Emirates, Gulf, Singapore and may other carirers, complete with subsidised (heavily) flexible connecting fares from regional Australian ports.

VS on the other hand has been impossible to contact on the Sales side. I rang VS to get a quote on a fare originating in the UK and was curtly advised by the alleged res operator that she was a temp and nobody was available to quote fares. Last time I checked no fares were available through our consolidators. I prefer to hold an airline's plate, so I can issue the ticket and don't have to rely on the middleman, and cant get to talk to anyone if something goes pear shaped.

It would seem VS needs the Uk based fares for revenue, and wants us in the game to deal with consolidators to try and ticket our passengers who wish to try their services.

Wont work guys. Get the Greek Consolidator mafia out of the loop and go straight to he coal face otherwise you will be ignored by any Agent with a brain. You cant live on Fright Centre alone.

VS has a chance to make a difference right now. As of thisvery moment, they are blowing it badly.

Best all

EWL