PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2004, 17:06
noiseabatement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle Upon Tyne Aero Club

To all members:

I was very sad to hear of the trouble our fine club is in. Although I am still a member, the lure of flying jets forced to me to relocate so I don't get up to the North East as much as I'd like too. It was a colleague who told me what had happened and after a few hours digesting this thread I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

When living in the aera I was fully aware of the £60,000 loan from The Aero Club to "Little Wings" - of which committee members were involved in, an extremely hollow deal if ever there was one, obviously no accounts?

A colleague remarked only today that the day Gill Airways closed for business was the day the end was in sight for the club.

I cannot believe that Air BP would let the Aero Club run up a £50,000 fuel bill, as Aero Engineering hasn't made a penny since I was last at the club, you would possibly find the fuel bill around the £20,000 mark with the remainder "topped up" from some other "created company".

I had a look on the Companies House website, why did certain ex committee members set up a company called The Newcastle Flying School Ltd - that is suspicious to say the least, and if they tell you it was to "safeguard" the Aero Club then I would treat that with the contempt is deserves.

Many ex committee members feathered their own nests at the time when I was in the North East and it was obviously still going on. Another topic which is well talked about at Cranebank is the purchase of a fuel bowser from Biggin Hill with an invoice amount of £15,500 and a cheque book stub of over £25,000...

As I said earlier I am horrified at what has happened but after reading postings with regard to a possible lifeline to save the club then I would certainly listen to Mr Elia Golfin and hear what he has to say.

The posting from Topjet about a rumoured proposal from ex committee members to run the club, I would rather let George Michael treat my piles than let that lot run the club again.

I sincerely hope Thursday evenings meeting brings good news but if not on Thursday then very soon after.

Good luck, everybody at BA has their fingers crossed

B

Last edited by noiseabatement; 8th Jan 2005 at 21:03.